A rather fizzled end of term

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

As I reported in my last post, finals were cancelled due to an outbreak of swine flu in Osaka. This has created a strange atmosphere in the dormitory. Suddenly left with free time, students have been watching movies and going out for drinks in a rather constant rotation over the past 36 hours.

I had planned to go to Kobe and to the Osaka aquarium this week, but because there are bad cases of flu in both of those regions, it looks as if I will not be able to go after all. I am sad about this, but it just makes another reason why I need to come back to Japan. Hopefully not during a disease outbreak next time.

In my free time, I have been drawing, watching animations, and generally hanging around with friends. My camera broke recently, so I have been behind in uploading pictures, but I have borrowed cameras from my friends and also bought a USB cord so I can plug my SD card right into my computer now. The pictures are all ready, so I will be doing some catch-up posts soon.

0 comments: to “ A rather fizzled end of term so far...