Hirakatashi and Italian food

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Today I biked all the way to Hirakatashi for the first time. I went with my speaking partner, Asa, and our friends Kon, Kristin, and Allie. We all had bikes with us except for Kon, so he wrote Asa's and had her sit on the back. I hadn't ridden in to Hirakatashi before because it requires descending (and thus eventually ascending) a giant hill, and my legs haven't been up to the task of biking a hill that size in years.

This evening, though, we all wanted to eat out without spending too much money. So, instead of taking the bus (¥220), we biked to town and went to a cheap Italian restaurant.

When I say cheap, I mean really cheap. Allie and I split 3 small pizzas, garlic bread, desserts, plus all you can drink sodas and coffee/tea, for only ¥1043 each. That's about $11. Best cheap restaurant ever!

On the way back home, we took a shortcut, which made the hill somewhat less severe. I didn't bike the whole thing, but I made a good half of it before getting off to walk. My health--it improves!

I am seriously going to miss Asa when I go home. We always do the most fun things together.

0 comments: to “ Hirakatashi and Italian food so far...