The earth moved, but I kept sleeping.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009



This morning I slept through an earthquake. On the way to school, Kristin told me about how her futon had swayed. Begum told me later that she felt it, but thought it was part of her dream and kept sleeping. I didn't notice it at all. In class, it seemed like about half the people noticed, and the other half stayed asleep. Ogawa-sensei said it was very small, so while he did wake up, he wasn't worried about it. One student, who had never experienced an earthquake before, said he was nervous, but the air in his room was so cold that he decided to stay in bed anyway.



This evening I bought an awesome pair of boots and a red coat like I've wanted for at least a year on sale at Kuzuha Mall. The two together cost me only ¥4800 (about $50). I still need to get a pair of good walking shoes, because the lining is wearing out on the ones I have now. I think I have another month or so before they're totally done for.



0 comments: to “ The earth moved, but I kept sleeping. so far...